Cycle of Virtues - Year 3
with grade level definitions
September: Respect and Responsibility
- Kindergarten: Respect is treating others politely and kindly.
- First Grade: Respect is treating others with high regard regardless of their race, their place, or the color of their face!
- Second to Sixth Grade: Respect is treating others with high regard.
- Kindergarten to Sixth Grade: Responsibility is doing your part for the groups that make us whole.
Kindergarten - Third Grade: Perseverance is sticking to it—even when you’d rather give up.
Fourth - Sixth Grade: Perseverance is persisting.
Kindergarten - Sixth Grade: Perseverance is pushing on despite difficulty and hardship.
Kindergarten - Sixth Grade: Stewardship is caring well for the gifts given us – our life, our world, our talents, and those entrusted to our care.
Kindergarten - Sixth Grade: Service is helping others with a cheerful heart.
- Kindergarten - Sixth Grade: Courage is doing what is right in the face of fear.
- Courage is moving beyond fear.
Courage is finding the strength to venture and persevere.
February: Honesty and Justice
- Kindergarten - Sixth Grade: Honesty is truthfulness: loving the truth, telling the truth,and living truthfully in word and deed.
- Justice is giving the other his or her due.
- Justice is making a space for the rights and needs of others.
- Kindergarten-Second Grade: Mercy is showing kindness to those who have not been kind to us.
- Third -Sixth Grade: Mercy is showing compassion to the enemy, the wrongdoer,
or those over whom one has power.
April: Gentleness and Humility
Kindergarten - Sixth Grade: Gentleness is treating others with kind words and mild manner.
Kindergarten - Sixth Grade: Humility is knowing that I am definitely not perfect.
Third - Sixth Grade: Humility is avoiding the temptation to exaggerate our own abilities and underestimate those of others.
Kindergarten - Second Grade: Wonder is to stop and say: “Wow!”
Third - Sixth Grade: Wonder is to marvel at mystery, to stand in awe before the unexplained.
- Kindergarten - Sixth Grade: Wonder is to delight in beauty and mystery.
- Wonder is the first step on the path to knowledge.
Kindergarten - Sixth Grade: Wisdom is knowledge of the things that matter.